office 01293 862101
fax 01293 863302
Request for measurement for an Annual or Full Certificate should be made direct to the Official Measurer chosen from the current panel of Official Measurers (see Rule 33). Requests for measurement for a Gold Certificate should be made to the secretariat.
21. Measurement Forms
1. Official Measurers are supplied with Application for Measurement Forms which they are responsible for completing and returning to The Joint Measurement Board Ltd. (Rule 35.14).
2. The owner or agent is responsible for completing and signing the Application for Measurement Form and for ensuring that the animal’s name written on the form is identical to that printed in the animal’s passport (Rule 35.1).
22. Issue of Measurement Certificate
1. Upon receipt of the correctly completed measurement form and fee a Measurement Certificate will be issued subject to the rules having been obeyed. Every measurement entered on this document will be endorsed ‘Annual’, ‘Full’ or ‘Gold’ as appropriate.
2. A further certificate will not be issued for an animal already holding a currently valid certificate except upon re-measurement by Referees. All subsequent Annual or Full measurements will be entered into the original certificate (or a duplicate certificate if the original is lost, see Rule 24).
23. Change of Name (amendment or addition)
Any change of Name on a height certificate (where such changes have occurred in the animal’s passport) must be notified by the owner to the Secretary and the certificate returned for amendment, with the appropriate fee (see rule 26.4).
PLEASE ENSURE FULL NAME AS ON THE ANIMAL’S PASSPORT IS WRITTEN ON THE MEASUREMENT APPLICATION FORM AT TIME OF MEASUREMENT (not competition name or stable name etc.) ANY CHANGES WILL INCUR A FEE.
24. Loss of Certificate
In the event of loss, a duplicate certificate may be issued by The Joint Measurement Board Limited, on receipt of a written request from the owner, giving the name and description of the animal, satisfactory documentary evidence of ownership and the appropriate fee. (See Rule 26.4).
25. Death of an Animal
In the event of the death of an animal holding a measurement certificate, the certificate must be returned to The Joint Measurement Board Limited.
1. Measurement/Identification and issue of Full or Annual Certificate. The whole fee covering this service is payable by the owner by one cheque, or by postal order, made out to the J.M.B. Ltd., and MUST be given to the Official Measurer for submission to the Board with the Measurement Results.
The Fee is £85.00 from 1st January 2016 (Official Measurer £57.60 including VAT, JMB £27.40), for an Annual or Full Certificate. Owners may be charged a half fee for broken appointments unless 24 hours’ notice is given and a full fee if, for any reason, except the fault of the Official Measurer, a microchip, where required, cannot be inserted at the time of measurement.
2. Measurement/Identification and issue of Gold Certificate: The fee is £500 payable by cheque when the request for measurement is made.
3. Loss of certificate: the fee for issue of a duplicate certificate is £60.00.4. Change of animal’s name: To register a change, alteration or amendment, including any corrections to the name of an animal: £100.00.
5. Objection and requests for Re-measurement.: The fee is £600.00. When an objection is upheld the whole fee will be returned to the objector. If an objection or request for Re-measurement is withdrawn less than 48 hours before a re-measurement is due to take place no refund will be made. If an objection or request for Re-measurement is withdrawn greater than 48 hours before a re measurement is due to take place any refund will be entirely at the discretion of the Stewards.
6. Transfer of measurement records to a passport: £10.00.7. Return of documents by Royal Mail Special Delivery: £10.00. If not paid all documents will be returned by ﬁrst class mail. Documents are returned to owners entirely at their own risk and any subsequent request for a duplicate measurement certiﬁcate due to loss in the post must be accompanied by the loss of certiﬁcate fee (Rule 26.3).
8. Cancellation or postponement of a re-measurement: £100.00 minimum.
9. Other than objections that are upheld (see 26.5 above) no refunds will be made.
10. Cheques take 6 working days to clear once they are paid in. Certificates are not posted to owners until the cheque clears and therefore it takes approximately 10-14 days after receiving an application to validate and post the certificate.
27. Invalid certificates
A Measurement Certificate will be declared invalid in the following circumstances:
i. Any fees associated with the certificate are unpaid or the owner of the animal concerned is in debt to the Board or a Member Society.
ii. A re-measurement is not done within 20 working days of notification to the owner (see Rule 45.3)
iii. A measurement certificate is altered or amended in any way by a person not authorised to do so by the Board (see Rule 32.4).
iv. A prohibited substance or an abnormal amount of a constituent is found in a body fluid sample taken at the time of a measurement or re-measurement (see Rules 35.13 and 50).
v. A measurement certificate is not returned to The Joint Measurement Board Limited on request.
28. - 30. Reserved
Click here for a list of invalid certificates
28. - 30. Reserved