Tel: 01293 862101
The Joint Measurement Board was established in 1934 to run a national scheme for the measurement of the height of horses and ponies for the purpose of description and classification of horses and ponies for competition.
The Joint Measurement Board is a company limited by guarantee.
The address for all correspondence is PO Box 322, Horley, RH6 0WS.
The Equestrian Societies which are Members of The Joint Measurement Board Limited are:- British Connemara Pony Society, British Show Horse Association, British Show Jumping Association, British Skewbald and Piebald Association, British Show Pony Society, Coloured Horse and Pony Society, National Pony Society, Ponies Association (UK), Pony Racing Authority, Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain and Welsh Pony and Cob Society.
The Stewards are:
Chairman: Dr R Ellis,
British Connemara Pony Society: Mrs J Webb
British Show Horse Association: Mr N Thompson
British Showjumping: vacant
British Show Pony Society: Mr S Richardson
British Piebald and Skewbald Society: Ms S Lawrence
Coloured Horse and Pony Society: Ms C Hamilton
National Pony Society: Mrs J Webb
Ponies Association (UK): Mrs J Templeton
Pony Racing Authority: Mrs C Daly
Sport Horse Breeding of Great Britain: Mrs L Hamilton
Welsh Pony and Cob Society: Mrs A Bigley
Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons: Mr P Jinman
British Equine Veterinary Association: Mr C Johannson
Co-opted: Mrs C Nelson
Secretaries are appointed by the Stewards and have overall responsibility for the day to day running of the Board in accordance with the Rules and directions of the Stewards.
1. Official Measurers are appointed to the Panel by the Stewards annually for one year only. Veterinary Surgeons who have been members of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons for five years or more may apply to be appointed to the Panel. The Stewards consider such applications and appoint Official Measurers as necessary.
2. The Stewards of The Joint Measurement Board Ltd reserve the right to delete the name of any Veterinary Surgeon from the Panel at any time without being required to give a reason.
3. The list of Veterinary Surgeons who have been appointed to the Panel of Official Measurers is available on-line.
Referees are senior members of the Veterinary profession and are appointed by the Stewards
The Rules are published on-line. The Member Societies through the Stewards reserve the right to review and amend any rules at any time.
Where any matter shall arise which relates to:
1. any application for, issue of or objection to any Joint Measurement Board Measurement
2. any measurement or re-measurement of any horse or pony under the Rules of The Joint Measurement Board Limited whether by an Official Measurer or a Referee
3. the administration of The Joint Measurement Board Limited, or
4. the choice of Official Measurers and Referees
and is not covered by the Rules, the Stewards shall consider all the relevant facts and give such directions relating thereto as may seem to them in their absolute discretion to be just and appropriate.
11. - 19. Reserved